Sunday, October 16, 2011
A Dry Spell
This image was taken January 2011. It is the true summit of Mauna Kea, the highest point in the Pacific Ocean, on the Big Island of Hawaii. It stands majestically above the ocean at over 13,700 ft. above sea level. From it's actual base, at the bottom of the ocean, it stands at over 33,000 ft.
As an artist; I have found myself in a dry and dark place. A place that I actually don't want to be in. It's like having writer's block. I look at other artist's works, many of whom are friends of mine, and I suddenly feel inadequate. I used to feel an almost mystical connection with my camera. We were as one. Energy flowing between the two of us. Like the connection between a massage therapist and their client. Chi. Mana.
I will continue to find my way back to my place behind the camera. For the time being, I still have the power of the written word and the power of free thought. My best friend is quite the advocate for the power of words and the thoughts and feelings that they can evoke. Dude, you rock! Mahalo brah.
Things change...go with it!
Aloha
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment